16 June 2010

Easy Marshmallow Mushroom Pops - Smurfday Party pt. 6- The Final Smurf!

How could I forget these? They deserve their own post anyway! I really wanted to make some other type of mushroom-themed dessert, but couldn't find much. I found these fabulous creations using Bakerella's famous cake pop technique... but I really wanted something easier, so I came up with these semi-homemade versions: Gather your stuff- large marshmallows, sticks (you can use lollipop sticks or just skewers), red candy melts, white chocolate chips and doughnut holes. Oh, and make sure you have a wax paper lined cookie sheet near by. Then, cut the doughnut balls in half. In the microwave, melt the red chocolate candy and dip the half-doughnuts using a fork and scraping the bottom before you place it on wax paper so you don't get a huge build-up of candy on the bottom. Give it about a minute to barely set and then place white chocolate chips in the top... this is a good job for the kids. It doesn't really matter if this step is a little messy, you can clean up the edges later. Then, set up the container in which you will be placing your pops by lining it with at least an inch of foam... I always save foam board when it comes in boxes and packages because you can always find a use for it and who wants to fork out the dough for foam? Place large marshmallows on a stick leaving about a half an inch sticking out of the top. Then stick in the foam. When you have the marshmallow sticks all done and arranged the way you want, add the dipped doughnut holes to the tops. To glue them together, you can add a dollop of melted candy to the bottom of the doughnut before you attach it and then, when you place it on the end of the stick, gently hold the tops (dipped doughnuts) and bottoms (marshmallows) together for a minute or until secure. Add moss or whatever you want to cover the foam board and you're done. I love the way it looks like these little toadstools just popped up out of the moss. So cute! And, by the way, this is the last Smurfday Party Post! I'm abso-smurf-ly smurfed out!

13 comments:

  1. Bethany, you are so amazing. What a rad party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny called to tell me about this. I need to show this to Darcy. Smurf-tastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome party! Oh how I miss the smurfs! I love your toadstools and the cutouts! Great details!

    hugs! Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
    party inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these are wicked!! the kids will go mad for these at the next school cake sale!
    Bring back the Smurfs!!
    Sandy (a 70s kid!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the post. I have been trying to think of an easy way to make toadstools and you have the most gorgeous answer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your party looks smurfarific! I enjoyed looking at all your pictures. Such cute ideas.

    Have you seen the trailer for the smurf movie that's coming out in 2011?

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg!...these are too smurfing cute!...are you kidding me?...i so gotta try these!...love 'em!...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just to cute! Love it!! I loved the smurfs as a kid.. Ok who am I kidding.. I still have the kids watch the dvd's with me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute and yummy! Really, if only someone could figure out how to do this with spinach... Thanks for linking! Please come again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute and this website is so helpful. My daughter is so into smurfs and wants a smurf birthday party. You made it seem like I will be able to fulfil her birthday party wish. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! You are so creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My almost 4 year old LOVES the Smurfs. I've been checking out DVD's from the library for over a year now. She wants a smurf party and I'm having a very hard time finding items. I've scoured the internet for images I can blow up like you did and am not finding high res files or images that remain clear when blown up. Would you mind sharing where you located your images. They look crisp and clean. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails